We will be using the Canon 5D when creating our 5 minute video. So we were given an induction to the camera, on how to set it up when shooting moving image.
- Turn on camera, make sure it is set to manual.
- Click menu, clicking across allows you to view main menus, down gives access to sub-menus.
- Before shooting any footage, make sure you clear settings – clear all camera settings. You do this incase the camera has been used previously.
- Then go to Live View/Movie – LV Fun. Setting = Disable
- Movie Rec.Size should be at 24 or 25
- E.g 1920×1080 is the size of the frame.
25 is the frames per second.
24 gives a more cinematic look.
All together it will look like this 1920×1080(25fps)
- Sound recording – set on manual
You want to make sure the recording level hits just over 12
- Its best to get an extra microphone such as an EdiRol, as internal mic picks up the mechanics of the camera when zooming and focusing.
- Make sure you format the memory card before filming.
- shutter speed for video – 1/50 second
- ISO’s that can be used when filming – 100,160,200,320,640 this creates an ISO pull rather than a ISO push